Disclaimer, I take no responsibility if you try to fly off the roof or if you break something, I wrote this to help people who cant pay the callout fee for us to do it. If you are worried about breaking something (perhaps an arm or neck), rather give me a call and well come and do it for you.
Stage 1 (Mounting the Dish)
- Screw the 4 cement screws into the 4 pre-drilled holes in the base of the the OVHD antenna mast at the desired mounting location. The mounting location needs to have an unobstructed view of the North Western sky.
- Place the main dish antenna assembly onto the top of the mast, with the center of the mast clamp on the back dish assembly aligning with the top of the mast pole. Tighten the two screws on the mast clamp to hold the main dish assembly securely to the mast.
- Plug the RG-6 coaxial cable into the “Cable” (or equivalent) port at the base of the main dish assembly, then plug the other end of the cable into the “Antenna or LNB” port in the back of the OVHD satellite receiver that is connected to your television.
Stage 2 (Aligning the Dish)
- By far the easiest method is to use a sat meter( you can get it at any builders or space tv) if you don’t have that, use a compass to find 341 degrees and point the dish in that direction (use your neighbours dishes to help you figure it out)
- Once you have done that we need to get the elevation correct, on the side of the dish there are degree markers, roughly place the dish between 65 and 70 degrees on the markers
- The LNB skew can be very tricky, so take your time doing it. If you are looking at the dish, twin the LNB so that it points to 7 O’clock and make minute adjustments to inporive signal quanlity.
Here is some technical data on the actual dish installation:
Name: 4.8 E SES 5 rough magnetic Bering : 341 degrees (if you are in JHB) Elevation roughly 70 degrees.
Stage 3 (Clean up)
- Use cable ties to neaten up the cables and cable clips to keep the cables on the wall. I don’t recommend using insulation take because it wears out over time and eventually your cables will hang loose.
Stage 4 (enjoy)
- Go and make yourself some popcorn and enjoy a movie, If you found this helpful, please send me an email to let me know how it went and if there are any improvements that can be made to this tutorial.